I have been working with Dynamics CRM since version 4.0 and in the past any change that you needed to do on the Sitemap was a pain. Later we at least had awesome tools like Visual Ribbon Editor & XrmToolbox to make life a lot easier. With Dynamics 365 Microsoft has released a build in editor for us and i explain the basics in the following steps.
Editing the Default site map
- Navigate to Settings > Solutions
- Create a new solution called Sitemap and add the Sitemap to your solution.
Note that each App in Dynamics 365 will have its own site map
- Double click on the sitemap you selected, this will open the Dynamics 365 Sitemap Editor
- The designer is very easy to use, everything is drag and drop. When creating a new sub-area you have the ability to create on of the following types.
- Web Resource
- You can add Localized Labels for you components
- Set the Icon, Privileges
- Set the targeted client & SKU
- Click Save & Publish